Author Topic: Trains Magazine  (Read 1733 times)

GM

• View Profile
Trains Magazine
« on: March 15, 2007, 06:29:33 PM »
Trains Magazine is having a photo competition according to the latest edition I believe for next month. Their theme last time was Trains against the elements but this time they want a small railroad theme. In fact they say \"think small\". I think as many members of this site as possible should use our favorite Train line as a subject and submit the picture and background info about the photo next month. This is certainly an area with a great past history and interesting current operations with many different areas along the line for photo opportunities. The recent pictures alone (ie the night operations) would make a strong candidate. The prizes are pretty good too. All expense railfan trips and expensive photo equipment along with cash. This current month shows the winners from \"Against the elements\" along with the prizes winners received. Good luck to anyone who tries out. Maybe people can post what they sent in and with luck someone from the site will win which would add to the site selections area for interesting items about Northside switching. I believe they want recent photos though, so the older photos with Milwaukee Road or Soo lines would not be what they are looking for but the Chicago Terminal Railway fits the bill for \"think small\" best anyway as it is not a large railroad like CP working a branch line.

GM
GM

GM

• View Profile
Trains Magazine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 06:34:21 PM »
Actually Photo ID 866 by Matt in black and white is a great shot with the City in the background.

GM
GM

tom mann

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mannresearch.com
Trains Magazine
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:22:27 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by GM

Actually Photo ID 866 by Matt in black and white is a great shot with the City in the background.

GM

Agree.

------------
tom mann
http://www.chicagoswitching.com