Author Topic: Peerless switching  (Read 2705 times)

GM

• View Profile
Peerless switching
« on: March 09, 2007, 01:13:09 PM »
This past week they were still servicing Peerless. The covered hopper was replaced by a tanker of corn syrup I guess. Don\'t know if they picked it up Thursday (3/8). Wonder how many more deliveries are expected?

GM
GM

raisin

• View Profile
Peerless switching
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
They picked it up yesterday.  They did not leave anything behind.  But, I didn\'t ask the crew if they were coming back.  They seemed pretty busy dealing with flagging crossings, towing cars, and picking up debris strewn across the tracks.  I snapped some pics the old fashioned way (regular film) so we\'ll see how they looked when I get them developed.

GM

• View Profile
Peerless switching
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »
Anybody know if there were anymore deliveries or is service officially over?

GM
GM

GM

• View Profile
Peerless switching
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 03:52:47 PM »
Went by last night (3/14) and the spur is empty. That may be it if nothing is delivered today, Thursday.

GM
GM

Kimball

• View Profile
Peerless switching
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »
I saw the train on Tuesday March 3rd they did deliver a tank car and pick up a covered hopper.  I asked one of the crew members and they said that they would be making trips until the end of March when Peerless closes.  I might be wrong though.  Unfortinialy I did not have a camera with me.

raisin

• View Profile
Peerless switching
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 01:54:50 PM »
I drove by on Sunday.  There was no car on the siding, but there was a crew putting dirt in some big potholes that surround the track one block south of Peerless.  Probably some local residents complained about the sinkholes.