Author Topic: CNW caboose  (Read 1956 times)

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
CNW caboose
« on: August 16, 2020, 05:26:13 PM »
Good afternoon,

I haven't seen any pictures of the new job that works Blommer and the Tribune.  Do they still use a caboose?  If you have any pics I'd love to see them.

-Matt

georgeburin

• View Profile
Re: CNW caboose
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 11:34:56 AM »
The LPR60 job no longer uses a waycar for their Tuesday and Friday operations into Chicago.  CNW 11119 is usually located at Proviso yard.  Prior to the north avenue yard and late the proviso yard the CNW 11119 was located a UP's elk grove facilities west of O'hare.  if someone can share a email address I would be happy to share some pics i have from over the years.  i apologize as i have no digital footprint to speak of.
GB

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 10:36:25 PM »
Thanks for the update.  I've got a model of it in HO https://www.flickr.com/photos/63167988@N00/49845229238/in/dateposted-public/ so at least I can enjoy it whenever I want.  I'm surprised they got rid of it, since they still have the backup move to Alpha.

Matt

TBurke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »
When is the best time to catch it working the Cragin Line down to Alpha Baking? I was over there last month but no trains were in the area. I saw several covered hoppers on different tracks. Does Alpha have its own TrackMobile type device to spot them, or does UP come down and switch the cars in and out as necessary? I didn't see any place where a car mover like a TrackMobile could be stored plus it's a sharp rise up from ground level.