Author Topic: Video of CP Rail Working Peerless On YouTube  (Read 1556 times)

TBurke

• View Profile
Video of CP Rail Working Peerless On YouTube
« on: July 01, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
I put a pair of videos taken with my camcorder of a CP Rail job crossing Clybourn Avenue and later switching out Peerless Confectionary from December 29, 2005, onto YouTube over the weekend.  The video quality is not up to professional standards but it still gives viewers a look at how the operation was done just a year and a half prior to Peerless shutting down.

Pay special attention in the video clip of the train crossing busy Clybourn Avenue and the clueless driver of the white SUV who does not move out of the way for the oncoming train!  

At Diversey Avenue you will see vehicles pause for the train as it pulls an empty out of the Peerless spur by coupling onto the new load.  The engine pokes onto Peerless to the end of the rails to give it enough clearance and though the tracks no longer cross Diversey motorists stop just in case.  

Use a combination of the search terms: clybourn, CP Rail, Peerless, Chicago, Lakewood, Diversey to find the videos on YouTube.

JohnColeman

• View Profile
Video of CP Rail Working Peerless On YouTube
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 11:23:42 PM »
This is great!  I love the white SUV - seems to have no idea the train is behind him, and then moves out of the way at the very end.  Must have finally noticed it in the rear view mirror!

Thanks for sharing these videos.  It\'s too bad this section will probably never see a train again...