Author Topic: Possible new switcher for Elk Grove acqusition....  (Read 2722 times)

Ian

• View Profile
Possible new switcher for Elk Grove acqusition....
« on: April 25, 2007, 03:35:14 PM »
No...I dont have a picture....but some friends of mine up near the WSOR\'s Horicon Paint Shops tell me of an ILSX switcher that is or has been repainted into some form of the Chicgao Terminal paint.....I\'d assume that it would be for the Elk Grove job.....

Once I get confirmation...and possibly a picture...I\'ll let everyone know......

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:43:37 PM »
Hi,

One of the crew members said he saw it and it looks just as nice as the current one.  He did say its style \"looked different\".  I\'m just guessing here but perhaps a geep?

-Matt

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:51:42 PM »
Nope.....it is and SW1500 from what I hear.....I\'ll have to confirm that.....and it\'s paint is identical to the one downtown....

It was supposed to be running downtown also this past month...being broken in......but the paint shop up in Horicon, Wis. messed up the first time by putting ILSX on the hood instead of Chicago Terminal Railroad.......

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 03:10:25 AM »
Well, I don\'t know about \"messed up\"...  Most of the time, all they get for a paint diagram is a general description, from what I\'ve been told!  And this was in regards to another ILSX project...  Considering how nice all their paint jobs turn out, I\'d say they do a pretty good job!

----------
-Fuzzy
Fuzzy World 3

Ian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 05:58:01 PM »
The ILSX 921 is presently out in Elk Grove, IL being primed for the first day tomrrow.......

andy inserra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 10:55:25 PM »
ILSX 921 was quite active yesterday, got to spend some time out in Elk Grove with the new operation.  The rather unique NE corridor safety beacon arangement/cab rebuild/extra headlights makes it an interesting unit to see.  Horicon did a great job on the paint, it was great to see a good looking unit working in the industrial park.  Photos from up in Horicon at http://www.tc.umn.edu/~rrclubum/ils.htm [click on 921] - more soon from this week