Author Topic: Chicago Tribune Freedom Center switching videos  (Read 1193 times)

haggar

• View Profile
Chicago Tribune Freedom Center switching videos
« on: July 07, 2024, 02:54:03 PM »
I added some Tribune switching videos to my youtube channel. Not the best quality but I uploaded because there are so few videos of this operation. I have some more from an HD camera that I'll get around to sometime.
My youtube channel:  https://youtube.com/@joeavey173?si=3wdTiG2N5lu75YvR

TBurke

• View Profile
Re: Chicago Tribune Freedom Center switching videos
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 04:20:50 PM »
Thanks for posting them.

Interesting time capsules with so many boxcars being shoved into the Freedom Center. I didn't see a conductor ride the lead boxcar.

And even by 2011 the Grand Avenue Yard tracks are empty. I recall even into the early 2000s those tracks were full of boxcars.

At the one minute mark on the first video I see there was no fence yet installed along Union Avenue where it makes the curve. I had to climb through a hole in the fence to get pictures of the same scene in the last few years and look out for the homeless encampment below the Ontario/Ohio ramps.

At 1:33 in part three it looks like a man is walking toward you dressed in black. Was that a UP crew member of a security guard from the Freedom Center? I noticed the video abruptly stopped as he got close LOL.