Author Topic: New Article-MILW Local Freight in Glenview + "MILW in Chicago" Being Reprinted  (Read 5310 times)

TBurke

• View Profile
At the risk of sounding self-promoting I wanted to get the word out there that my latest article, "The Freight Side of Glenview," was just published in the latest edition of The Milwaukee Railroader magazine (Second Quarter, 2015).  Ten pages long with lots of historic photos including ones dating back to 1900.  It focuses on the mostly forgotten and long gone local industries in Glenview, IL, that were served by the Milwaukee Road. TMR is put out by the Milwaukee Road Historical Association.

Local hobby shops like Des Plaines Hobby carry TMR.  You can also order copies of TMR issues at www.mrha.com

I heard from the MRHA that my 2007 book where I was the lead author, "The Milwaukee Road in Chicago," is going to be reprinted.  The original run sold out quickly. It goes into great detail about the MILW lines in Chicago including the C&E, Deering, and Dunning with extensive photos and track diagrams. 

I do not get paid for these efforts which are a labor of love. 

Tom

Jeff Wingstrom

• View Profile
Order placed, thanks for the heads up! When it arrives I think I'll visit my mom in Glenview and then head over to Grandpa's Place on Prarie Ave. next to the tracks to page through the issue...

tytrain

• View Profile
Do you know when the book will be re-printed?

TBurke

• View Profile
Haven't heard yet.  I would imagine in early 2016 at this rate.

themats

• View Profile
Congrats Tom!  An excellent book that I know you put a lot of time and effort into.  Looking forward to your article in TMR.

Mike Murray

TBurke

• View Profile
Order placed, thanks for the heads up! When it arrives I think I'll visit my mom in Glenview and then head over to Grandpa's Place on Prarie Ave. next to the tracks to page through the issue...

Thanks.  I highly recommend the shish kabob at Grandpa's.