Author Topic: Track Finally Gone from Underneath Ohio/Ontario Ramp on Kingsbury  (Read 1652 times)

TBurke

• View Profile
I drove on Kingsbury recently and noticed that the former track to Wallace is now gone underneath the Ohio/Ontario overpass.  Not sure if it was removed then paved over or simply paved over in place.  It was the last remaining section of rail this far south on the C&E South Line.

In the gone but not forgotten category I am posting this shot from June of 1990 showing an MP15 in Bandit colors idling just off Kingsbury at Erie, waiting to pick up an empty boxcar from Wallace.  It is out of view behind the abutments.  I had to compress it a lot from the original 8" x 10" print format to get it to upload. 

Other things that are a thing of the past in this 1990 view-monthly parking for just $45 per month and WMAQ-AM as an all-news station that for a while rivaled WBBM-AM.

Brianbobcat

• View Profile
Re: Track Finally Gone from Underneath Ohio/Ontario Ramp on Kingsbury
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:43:28 PM »
That little section can still be seen on Google Streetview, but I don't know any way of capturing the 3D aspect of Streetview, so a screenshot may just have to do.