Author Topic: winnetka question  (Read 1695 times)

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
winnetka question
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:09:33 PM »
Hi,

Sorry if this is a little beyond the reach of this group.  I know that some ride the UP North line and I was wondering if they could help me.  I had the pleasure of visiting the Chicago area and I got to ride \"my line.\"  There there were a few MOW cars parked on spurs along the route.  It was nice to see some \"freight\" cars on sidings.  Anyway, I\'ve never seen the spur on the winnetka platform used before and I was wonder if somebody could look carefully and see what was on the flat cars that were parked on it.  We passed it so quickly I couldn\'t see.  

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

Charlie S

• View Profile
winnetka question
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »
CNW/Metra/UP has been replacing ties.  There\'s a \"retired\" lt. green TT flat full of them on an Evanston spur north of downtown Evanston right now.  Replacements have been going on for a while.

Charlie
(Evanston)

MLW North Line Fan since 1954
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 02:51:35 PM by Charlie S »

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
winnetka question
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:13:12 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, I think I saw that flat too.  The one I was refering to had some sort of bags on and was near Winnetka.

-Matt

Charlie S

• View Profile
winnetka question
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
It\'s probably been running up and down that North Shore stretch of trackage.  I think it\'s stored there at the old Weber Line Jct when not passing out loads further north.  I\'ve seen some beat-up difco\'s there too for ballast off and on since late Summer.

Charlie