Author Topic: CNW Low Line questions  (Read 11210 times)

haggar

• View Profile
Re: CNW Low Line questions
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »
Thanks Tom (both of you!).  Hey great find on those pics TribuneFreightFanatic! I ran though all the CNW locos on the rr-fallenflags.org site.  I was planning on searching the other typical sites like rrpicturearchives.net like you have.  All these pics be very helpful when I eventually model this area.
Was researching the Navy Pier line on the CNW Yahoo group. Someone had mentioned that after most of the low line was pulled up, about a half mile of track east of Noble St. was kept intact to serve BFI scrap paper loading.  Anyone have any info on this or where it might have been exactly?   I posted this question to the CNW group but got no response.

Thanks,
Joe

TribuneFreightFanatic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 02:59:22 PM »
Was scrolling through this topic, which led me to delve into the vast archives of David Wilson's photos, which resulted in me finding this photo of the Kinzie St. yard full on newsprint cars. I know this thread is old, but figured I'd share anyway!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwilson1949/5479630492/in/album-72157614049704111/

haggar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »
Thanks TribuneFreightFanatic!
Never saw that one yet.
Was just at Trainfest and asked the CNWHS if there are any articles on this line. They didnt know of any off the top of their heads. Strange how I can found so little info on such an historic rail line; the very first in Chicago.
Joe

TBurke

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 12:32:04 PM »
Thanks TribuneFreightFanatic!
Never saw that one yet.
Was just at Trainfest and asked the CNWHS if there are any articles on this line. They didnt know of any off the top of their heads. Strange how I can found so little info on such an historic rail line; the very first in Chicago.
Joe

The low line was partly covered in the C&NWHS North Western Lines in the 1990s in the first of a three part series on the original stations that were east of the river.  But you are right, no one has really done a thorough treatment of the line.  How about you?