Author Topic: Unusual Train Stop  (Read 2222 times)

GM

• View Profile
Unusual Train Stop
« on: December 05, 2006, 07:09:21 PM »
Wondering if anyone ever have this happen to them on the Metra before. Last night I was taking the North Line home and when the train was approaching Grayland you could feel the brakes not catching (air hose problem maybe) and the train overshot the stop at the station by a lot. The conductor came on and said for everyone to be patient so the train could back up. After a minute or two, the engineer probably had to get clearance first, we went in reverse on the outbound track about 6 or seven car lengths until they were in proper position to open the car doors. First time this ever happened to me but goes to show you anything is protypical when modeling, even overshooting the station stop.

GM
GM

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
Unusual Train Stop
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:18:47 PM »
It happened to me on the UP Kenosha line.  When they overshot they asked if anyone had wanted to get off.  Of course only one person did so we had to back up and then they could sheepishly get off.

TBurke

• View Profile
Unusual Train Stop
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 04:48:35 PM »
At least it wasn\'t as bad as the Metra crew that ran out of fuel on the North Line a year or two ago and stopped cold dead...someone forgot to top off the tanks in Kenosha overnight apparently.