Author Topic: Summary of Operations  (Read 1622 times)

CNW4404

• View Profile
    • http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1055
Summary of Operations
« on: October 16, 2007, 11:38:54 PM »
I just recently found this site and I\'ve learned tons of things from it- really nice job you guys have done here. However I\'d be interested in a summary of what trains run and where on the various branches.

I live in the dorms at DePaul so it would be a quick bike ride to the Bloomingdale branch; I just don\'t know when trains run on here, or how far.

Would this be a possible addition to the site in the future? Thanks!

Chris

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
Summary of Operations
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 01:41:21 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to the site!  It\'s always nice to have new people stop by.  As for changes to the website, other people will have to chime in because I have nothing to do with that.  If I have everything straight the Bloomingdale branch is no longer used except for storage on the far west end.  Here\'s a picture of a CP switch job http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=172109&nseq=0 You might want to check the line out to see what it once was but you won\'t find anything running.

Anyways, hope you enjoy what you see and stop the site again!

-Matt

TBurke

• View Profile
Summary of Operations
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:00:37 PM »
Chris:

The Bloomingdale line is out of service though technically it is not abandoned except for very short sections on the far western and far eastern ends.  

The far western end of the line is used for occasional car storage by CP Rail and Metra.  The far eastern end, including the movable bridge over the Chicago River, is used by shortline Chicago Terminal to reach its trackage on Kingsbury Street.

For more on the Bloomingdale Line pick up the upcoming book \"The Milwaukee Road in Chicago\" which contains a well-researched and detailed chapter on this branch line written by Ted Pannoke. Copies are available at www.mrha.com.

Tom