Author Topic: Switcher working Thursday at 12  (Read 1754 times)

GM

• View Profile
Switcher working Thursday at 12
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:46:57 PM »
Saw them crossing the bridge from the Kennedy by Finkl around noon on Thursday. First time I have seen the switcher active in awhile. Any other sightings or freight cars seen at sidings?

GM
GM

CNW4404

• View Profile
    • http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=1055
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »
I just saw what seemed to be a centerbeam and a boxcar sitting at Cherry Road south of Division on Tuesday.

raisin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:51:12 AM »
Big Bay Lumber seems to be doing well, if their rail car load is any indication.  They\'ve had cars out front quite frequently the last several weeks.  Now that the winter is coming, I\'ll be interested to see if CT\'s efforts to get Chicago Firewood as a customer on Kingsbury St. come to fruition.

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
Hi,

Are they really a potential customer or was it just a contrived load to put them in a better position for the legal battle as Whole Foods accused them.

-Matt

TBurke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 08:05:40 PM »
I guess one way to find out is to see if there are any more gondola loads of firewood originating from that dealer at the end of Kingsbury this winter.    

The section of track that continues south into the private ROW between Kingsbury and Halsted would make a good location for a team track. Up until the late 1990s there was a team track on Goose Island just off the north side of Division Street at Hickory that received regular car loads from the Soo Line.

There\'s a nearby Home Depot on North Avenue which could potentially receive carloads of lumber.  Spotting a boxcar or bulkhead flatcar in the middle of Kingsbury probably won\'t work these days with all of the vehicle traffic so this potential team track could work out.