Author Topic: ? for Tom  (Read 1577 times)

GM

• View Profile
? for Tom
« on: February 20, 2007, 12:40:34 PM »
Just got the MRHA article you wrote on the Deering Line. It was a great article and a lot of great pictures from that time. I noticed they were photos from a collection. Were they all from the Chicago Historical Society and if so can they be viewed at the CHS?

One other question, I would like to get a hold of the article you wrote in 1995 on the Lakewood line and I noticed they are sold out. Is there any way to get a copy of this either from you or MRHA even if it is a photocopy, I would really appreciate it?

Any other articles you know of covering our favorite area of service?

GM
GM

TBurke

• View Profile
? for Tom
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »
GM:

Thanks for the praise.  Unfortunately I don\'t have any extra copies of that TMR issue from 1995 but you might be able to pick it up at model railroad shows where vendors sell back issues of magazines.  

The photos came from a variety of sources.  You can view the ones from the Chicago Historical Society/History Museum online with their ARCHIE search engine, as well as lots of others on the Deering Line.  They are part of the Chicago Daily News archives.  However, they print at low-res.  I had to pay for the reproduction rights of glossy 8 X 10s that appeared in the article.  Same with the other Deering materials from the IH collection at the Wisconsin Historical Society archives.

I have a special, book-length MRHA publication coming out in June on the Milwaukee Road\'s Chicago Terminal operations.  It\'s updated through the Chicago Terminal Railroad era.

Tom