Author Topic: Lakewood Branch track removal  (Read 2508 times)

mfink

• View Profile
Lakewood Branch track removal
« on: October 08, 2014, 12:49:04 AM »
Driving down Clybourn today, it looks like the trackage at the far southern edge of the Lakewood Branch has been dug up and removed. The (de)construction is on a short stretch extending south of the Clybourn grade crossing toward the junction on Kingsbury.

TBurke

• View Profile
Re: Lakewood Branch track removal
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 06:01:20 PM »
Sad day.  Some other retailer is probably going to take over that spot. 

Brianbobcat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:13:33 PM »
I drove by today, and it's a tiny spot.  The section is actually what turns off of the line going into Finkl, and it's really only a lane or two wide.  With the haste that the area was filled in, it almost looks more like utility work.  Now that Lakewood is severed in multiple places, southernmost now here but also just north at Roscoe, how long until all the track is removed, especially at Diversey, Fullerton, and Clybourn?

chrism

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 11:43:40 AM »
This is sad. This past September I took a bike ride from Kingsbury through the path on to Lakewood. The tracks were still intact at that time but the fence around the path was really dilapidated compared to when I rode through last year at that time.

mark_k

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 01:16:06 AM »
It all makes me want to time travel back to 1980 or so, dress like an alien in a radiation suit and threaten to melt a young Tom Burke's brain unless he takes more Lakewood Branch photos.

Anyone have a DeLorean?