Author Topic: Interesting Aerials..  (Read 1624 times)

TribuneFreightFanatic

• View Profile
Interesting Aerials..
« on: May 12, 2012, 11:29:30 AM »
Hey Guys,
     I'm sure we've all tried to look at the satellite images of our favorite railroad routes through Google Maps. Well, next time,  click on over to Bing's Satelite maps! They have this cool "Bird's Eye" view of things that allows you to see the yards at an interesting angle. Also, their satellite maps havent been updated for a while, so some of the former switching lines are still intact! (ex: There is a parked hopper car at the Blommer Spur!)
Here is a screen-clipping I caught of the Trib-Yard switching in action! (It has to be pre-2007, because all of the spurs are still there in the yard)
                                                                          Hope this helps with your railfanning adventures.
                                                                                                                                          --TribuneFreightFanatic  8)

cnwnorthline

• View Profile
Re: Interesting Aerials..
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:21:47 PM »
I'm guessing you mean the Peerless spur, correct?  Blommer, to my knowledge, is still served.  Be sure to follow that UP switch job at different angels of birdseye view.  You can get several shots of it.

-Matt

TribuneFreightFanatic

• View Profile
Re: Interesting Aerials..
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 06:39:14 PM »
Haha yes, my mistake.  :P