Author Topic: Picture of MP15 1540  (Read 1242 times)

GM

• View Profile
Picture of MP15 1540
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:17:12 PM »
http://www.fuzzyworld3.com/fuzzyphpfoto/cp01/gg.htm

Check out 1540 shown in \"Running Light to Peerless\" pictures under the \"Lakewood Branch pictures\", is now working up in Milwaukee off the Menomonee Belt Line. At least it\'s still in service. It looks like 540 but if you look closer you can see the \"1\" in front of 540. Once running the Lakewood line, now working the back lines of Milwaukee.

Thanks to fuzzyworld.com for the pic\'s, Mark Hintz has recently posted pictures on Chicago North Side Switching about Illinois Terminal service in Elk Grove. I was wondering if those engines used here were kept in Bensenville or up in Milwaukee. I wonder if they stay permanently at those locations or get moved around from yard to yard?

GM
GM

Picture of MP15 1540
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:22:10 AM »
Thanks for checking out my photo!  Just for the record, it\'s fuzzyworld3.com, just plain fuzzyworld belongs to something called figjam, and is apparently Australian...

The MP15s, as well as the GP38-2s that are commonly used up here in brewtown as switchers, tend to rotate between assignments.  (Actually, look up my SOO GP38-2 page, and you\'ll see that I\'ve got pictures of all but about four of the SOO/CP 4400s, 4506s, and 4520s, mostly in Milwaukee...!)

A number of the MP15s now wear nice bright red CP paint, as well as 1400-series numbers, in various paint schemes and variations thereof...

Some interesting changes are making their way into Milwaukee, BTW...  WSOR now makes an appearance at Muskego Yard, replacing CN\'s previous presence (which, I believe, dates back to \"old WC\" days...), and WSOR regularly sends a grain train (complete with power) down the UP to Jones Island...

-Fuzzy

----------
-Fuzzy
Fuzzy World 3