Author Topic: Crazy idea?  (Read 2091 times)

themats

• View Profile
Crazy idea?
« on: August 21, 2007, 09:59:59 PM »
Most of life as a railfan has been directed at electric stuff that pretty much doesn\'t exist or has been replaced by newer cars (streetcars, interurbans, rapid transit, etc.), and as such, the only way to ride/photograph the cars is either to go to museums (as a last resort) or go to cities where they are still around and charter them, which allows photo stops, going on trackage that isn\'t frequently used, etc.  

I\'m just wondering what people on the board think about doing something like this with the remaining trackage covered on this website.  Has anything like this ever been tried?  Or is it uninteresting since the train wouldn\'t be operating in normal revenue service?

Thoughts?  Just curious.

raisin

• View Profile
Crazy idea?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 10:31:35 AM »
I\'ve wondered about this before, as well.  I wonder if we could convince CTR to run a \"charter\" train someday.  It\'d probably be a big hassle to run a passenger car on those city streets, though.

themats

• View Profile
Crazy idea?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »
I was actually talking about \"chartering\" a freight run up to Peerless, but I suppose passenger traffic would be equally interesting.  Anyone know when the last passenger run on the C&E Lakewood line was?

themats

• View Profile
Crazy idea?
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »
BTW, edit my first post to say: \"Most of MY life\"...

kimball2

• View Profile
Crazy idea?
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:29:59 PM »
Why not just rent a caboose from CP and ride in that?

JohnColeman

• View Profile
Crazy idea?
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 09:37:10 PM »
Count me in for any \"charter run\" on the CTR.  Maybe the last train to Peerless hasn\'t happened yet, and turns out to be ours!