Author Topic: Assistance Requested-Special Movement to Morton Grove/Niles  (Read 1587 times)

TBurke

• View Profile
Assistance Requested-Special Movement to Morton Grove/Niles
« on: August 10, 2015, 06:47:41 PM »
I hope the Flickr sleuths on this site can help.  I am preparing a short article for The Milwaukee Railroader on changes to the former MILW freight operations in Chicago as they reprint the 2007 book The Milwaukee Road in Chicago.

Last spring I saw a picture on Flickr of a DM&E (now part of CP Rail once again) train heading south through Glenview with a piece of electrical equipment on a drop-center flatcar.  Now it seems to have disappeared when I use the search terms "Glenview" and "railroad."  I believe it was from 2013.  The destination was a spur in either Niles or Morton Grove for ComEd. 

Does anyone have details about this movement?  It would be the first local freight delivery in several decades.

Thanks

TBurke

• View Profile
Re: Assistance Requested-Special Movement to Morton Grove/Niles
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 11:58:58 AM »
I hope the Flickr sleuths on this site can help.  I am preparing a short article for The Milwaukee Railroader on changes to the former MILW freight operations in Chicago as they reprint the 2007 book The Milwaukee Road in Chicago.

Last spring I saw a picture on Flickr of a DM&E (now part of CP Rail once again) train heading south through Glenview with a piece of electrical equipment on a drop-center flatcar.  Now it seems to have disappeared when I use the search terms "Glenview" and "railroad."  I believe it was from 2013.  The destination was a spur in either Niles or Morton Grove for ComEd. 

Does anyone have details about this movement?  It would be the first local freight delivery in several decades.

Thanks

I managed to find several photos of this special movement on Flikr by changing the search terms.  Here's one...the first local freight job on the old C&M line of the Milwaukee Road since the early 1990s as far as I can tell.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mastadon4935/15437916111/in/photolist-6LihAE-aeEGYX-cFo4r9-pwcmBr-m4Dnt3-p3Qwdy-nuXAsY-uxpBCs-9YJ4gj-pf3Ux1-oshr9A-csUva1-5EwSCb-qS9ucw-nfMLLG-cGNf9y-j5sUzp-aB5B6P-fbZhHW-8T7qmN-5ugRU2-52pzbf-b31LTi-88UDDY-6CXS4q-j5s8tH-phVeQ7-mKWe4V-pf3RRu-pKy82T-jssHMP-oy4TKT-njLY9N-jkaH5y-oaMkpo-pg5tP3-ssd758-f8Uwyg-im86LU-bC3v13-p3MsV6-kTuZxp-pwsG4d-kFfDVD-9GXnkS-r9kyyq-k4XDLX-6LihtG-m6CJEF-r554c8