Author Topic: What do I do with many C M St P & P RR Blueprints?  (Read 2870 times)

pirologists

• View Profile
What do I do with many C M St P & P RR Blueprints?
« on: January 28, 2005, 08:24:19 PM »
I inherited a large number of blueprints primarily from the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad that date from about 1904 through 1960. Some are of mundane things like machinery, equipment locations, water wells, but there are several of buildings, track locations, turntables, switching equipment, cars, and nore. I don\'t know what to do with them. Should I sell them at auction like eBay? I do buy & sell antiques, but this one is a hard decision to make. I used to model trains (some 20 years ago) but have no real use for them now. Can anyone offer any ideas as to value? Or where they should go should I decide to donate them? Thanks,

tom mann

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mannresearch.com
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 07:04:10 PM »
I would be interested in any that relate directly to the locations covered on this web site.  What do you have?

------------
Thomas Mann
http://www.chicagoswitching.com

TBurke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 06:13:54 PM »
Another idea is to donate or sell them to the Milwaukee Road Historical Association which maintains the archives for the Milwaukee Road.  You can contact them at www.mhra.com.  They could use the materials in future article potentially.

president@mrha.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 10:06:05 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by pirologists

I inherited a large number of blueprints primarily from the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad that date from about 1904 through 1960. Some are of mundane things like machinery, equipment locations, water wells, but there are several of buildings, track locations, turntables, switching equipment, cars, and nore. I don\'t know what to do with them. Should I sell them at auction like eBay? I do buy & sell antiques, but this one is a hard decision to make. I used to model trains (some 20 years ago) but have no real use for them now. Can anyone offer any ideas as to value? Or where they should go should I decide to donate them? Thanks,