Author Topic: HUGE U.P. MOW cluster at Lee Lumber  (Read 1476 times)

Brianbobcat

• View Profile
HUGE U.P. MOW cluster at Lee Lumber
« on: October 09, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
Hi All,

On the way out the Kennedy Wednesday evening, I noticed a HUGE amount of MOW equipment on the former Prairie Materials & Lee Lumber sidings.  I stopped over at 8:45 and started to get some photos, but just 5 minutes later, a black SUV with a UP security guard politely asked me to come back during that day.  I got some photos, but the most interesting part was the gigantic pile of used railroad ties right next to the tracks.  I remember reading a news story saying that used ties can go for $10 each, so maybe they're afraid people are going to steal them, or vandalize the large amount of rail equipment.  Any clue why they're all there?  I've seen a lot of workers on the UP North line now that all the bridges are complete, so I would almost guess maybe they're there to lay the new rails for the UP North, but is this the closest location for the equipment to live?  Will they be working during the weekends?  Anybody want to chime in with their two cents?

I posted all the photos on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianbobcat/sets/72157636376519584/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 10:31:14 AM by Brianbobcat »